Act of Incorporation of the American Academy of Music, and the Supplements Thereto; with the By-Laws of the Corporation

Act of Incorporation of the American Academy of Music, and the Supplements Thereto; with the By-Laws of the Corporation

Philadelphia: Maas & Vogdes, printers, 1862. Pamphlet. 16 p.; 24 cm. Yellow paper covers; front cover printed in black within decorative border; back cover blank. The Academy of Music, officially named the American Academy of Music, was incorporated by the Pennsylvania legislature in 1852 and built in 1855-57 on Locust St. in Philadelphia. It is the oldest opera house in the United States still used for its original purpose. Its inaugural ball was held in Jan. 1857 and the next month the first opera performance was given by Max Maretzek's opera company. In Near Fine Condition: clean and bright. Near Fine. Item #004256

Price: $75.00

See all items in Ephemera, Law, Music, Pennsylvania