An Account of Haverford School, From Its Institution to the Close of the Winter Session--Fourth Month, 1835: with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association, &c.; Published by Direction of the Board of Managers. Haverford College. Board of Managers.
An Account of Haverford School, From Its Institution to the Close of the Winter Session--Fourth Month, 1835: with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association, &c.; Published by Direction of the Board of Managers
An Account of Haverford School, From Its Institution to the Close of the Winter Session--Fourth Month, 1835: with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association, &c.; Published by Direction of the Board of Managers

An Account of Haverford School, From Its Institution to the Close of the Winter Session--Fourth Month, 1835: with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association, &c.; Published by Direction of the Board of Managers

Philadelphia: William Brown, Printer, 1835. Hardcover. 48, xvi, [2] p., 2 leaves of engraved plates; 23 cm. Maroon cloth; leather spine label with gilt-tooled spine title: Haverford School. Engraved frontispiece of Haverford School signed "Drawn and engraved by Oscar A. Lawson" faces engraved plan of the school building. The Appendix contains legal documents including the act to establish the school; a statement of the accounts of the Haverford School Association; a list of the students who had entered the school up to May, 1835; and a list of the stockholders of the school. Checklist American Imprints, 32082. Haverford School opened in 1833 as a school for young men who belonged to the Society of Friends. Financial problems led to the opening of the school to non-quakers in 1848 and in 1856 it became a degree-granting college. It remained a single-sex institution until the 1970s. Very scarce. In Very Good- Condition: spine is faded; edges lightly rubbed; frontispiece engraving school had left heavy shadow on facing engraved plan; foxing throughout; otherwise, clean and tight. Very Good -. Item #005109

Price: $125.00