The Story of the Guides. G. J. Younghusband.
The Story of the Guides
The Story of the Guides

The Story of the Guides

London: Macmillan and Co., 1908. Hardcover. Reprinted October 1908. xvi, 207 p., frontispiece portrait of Sir Harry Lumsden and 15 leaves of plates; 23 cm. Red cloth with gilt-stamped spine title; armorial emblem of the Queen's Own Corps of Guides is gilt-stamped on front cover. Includes index. Gift inscription on front fixed endpaper, dated 18 Jan. 1911: "G. Hawkes Field from G. L. F." The Rev. George Hawkes Field, the rector at the village of Milton Keynes, was a chaplain with the Royal Army from 1914 to 1922. Established in 1846 under Lt. Harry Lumsden, the Corps of Guides was a regiment of the British Indian Army consisting of both cavalry and infantry. In Good Condition: slightly cocked; ends of spine rubbed; cover lightly soiled; back hinge weak; dampstain on lower edges of back board and lower edge of last few leaves, not impacting illustrations or text; some plates lightly foxed; finger soiling in margins; solid and complete. Good. Item #006287

Price: $24.00