3 Handwritten Documents relating to the Andrew W. Anderson Farmhouse, Quantico, Md.

3 Handwritten Documents relating to the Andrew W. Anderson Farmhouse, Quantico, Md.

1865. 1) Jan. 1865; receipt for sale of cords of wood by Andrew W. Anderson to "Ithabod Taylor," (probably Ichabod Taylor (1813-1875) of Wicomico, Md. 2) April 6, 1891; under a deed of trust from Perry H. Anderson, Ellegood agrees not to sell the property (inherited by Perry Anderson from his father, Andrew W. Anderson) at private sale until it is first offered at public sale, without the consent of Anderson; signed by Ellegood. 3) March 20, 1893; Eusebius Collier writes to James E. Ellegood from Quantico, Md., to request Ellegood to have Perry Anderson removed from the farm at once and to give the keys to Collier's brother, V. F. Collier, so they can move a new tenant in. James E. Ellegood (1842-1925) was a lawyer and president of the Maryland State Bar Association. The property in question included the house now known as the Andrew W. Anderson Farmhouse in Catchpenny, Md. The Maryland Historic Sites Inventory states that Perry Anderson held the title to this property, which he had inherited from his father, Andrew W. Anderson, until 1891. In Good Condition: the documents are creased and lightly soiled; the 1891 note has a closed 3-cm. tear from the upper edge; the 1893 letter is separated along the center horizontal fold, with minor loss along that fold. Good. Item #006796

Price: $35.00

See all items in Ephemera